Fri, 07 May 2010 00:00 EDT
Water is the Elixir of Life.
It comprises 80% of your body and is the most important element to your well-being and health, outdistancing all others. New readers to Natural News may not be familiar with the review Mike Adams did of the seminal water cure work of Dr. Batmanghelidj. That alone should tell you why you need to get enough water.
There is no “magic amount” that covers everyone. Some need more than others and most need more than they’re getting now.
It’s estimated that 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
Even if you don’t drink coffee, soda, or other diuretics and water-robbers, you may still be dehydrated. There is no such thing as too much water – you literally can’t get sick or die from drinking too much (good) water. You can, however, if you don’t drink enough.
Here are 5 reasons you need water:
1. Your body needs water to make new cells of every type: blood, bone, skin, etc.
2. When you have enough water, your lymphatic system operates at peak, removing wastes and toxins from your body at a healthy rate.
3. Water lubricates your joints, helps bring nutrients to your nervous system, and helps keep your vision clearer and your teeth stronger.
4. Water regulates your metabolism and aids digestion and temperature control.
5. Literally every cell, organ, and system in your body requires water to function correctly.
Things to know about your water
Before you start drinking water, however, there are things you should know about it too.
If you live in urban or suburban America, it’s likely that your water is infused with fluoride. Municipal water sources (including most bottled water you buy in the store) put fluoride into water supplies to promote dental health.
There are a lot of reasons that this is not a good idea, however. Even the CDC’s own study that gave fluoridation of water a glowing report admits that fluoride only helps teeth topically and doesn’t do anyone any good when ingested. In fact,
fluoride is listed by the CDC as a poisonous substance.
Then, even scarier, there are the countless pollutants and trace pharmaceuticals that could also be in your water. Those are definitely not good either.
Getting good, quality drinking water for health and well-being
Luckily, it is possible to clean up your water or access clean water yourself, if your water is not already of good quality. That, of course, has also been covered here on NaturalNews.
However you do it and wherever your choice in water comes from, make sure you drink plenty of it. Water is, after all, the Elixir of Life.