The most impressive benefits of L-carnitine include improved heart health, brain function, more rapid body building, and desired weight loss, among others. The main role of L-carnitine in the body is to initiate mitochondrial function and energy production in cells. It helps transport fatty acids to mitochondria where they are subsequently converted into energy. About 98% of the carnitine in the body is found in the muscles, but a significant proportion is also found in the blood and liver.
L-carnitine is synthesized in the body from the amino acids lysine and methionine. It’s this amino acid that fuels energy production in cells and supports nerve function. It supplies the acetyl group for burning fats in mitochondria (fatty acid oxidation) and producing acetylcholine
- Combats depression
- Helps heal Alzheimer’s disease
- Helps reverse brain and nerve damage
- Improves fertility and sexual function
- Reduces chronic fatigue
- Helps with weight loss while enhancing muscle development
- Helps combat heart disease
- Slows aging
- No matter what your fitness goals are, whether it’s losing fat or gaining muscle mass, your chances of success can greatly increase with L-carnitine.
- L-Carnitine & weight loss. When supplementing with L-carnatine, the body does not metabolize carbohydrates into excess fat. Helpful in losing or reducing visceral fat.
- Building muscle mass. L-carnitine supplementation supports so called Growth Factor I, which serves to increase muscle growth.
- Relieves muscle pain while promoting faster regeneration. Gives significant reduction in muscle damage, especially after challenging workouts, which means that muscle tissue regenerates more quickly, and relieves muscle pain.
- Cardiac diseases. Reduces damage in the body, and particularly the heart, caused by errant nitric oxide production in the body, helps accelerate muscle recovery.
- Improvement of blood circulation. Improves blood circulation and blood flow to the muscles. Improving blood circulation means necessary nutrients and hormones are properly transported to just where the body needs them.
- Male infertility. Raise testosterone via androgen receptors found in muscles, positively affecting the quantity and quality of sperm. The more testosterone can bind to these receptors, the more it stimulates muscle mass growth and strength. L-carnitine can under certain circumstances, prove more effective than testosterone therapy in the treatment of dysfunctional erection.
- Type 2 diabetes.Help diabetics increase glucose oxidation, glucose storage, as well as glucose intake. In addition, L-carnitine improves the insulin sensitivity that occurs in many patients with Type 2 diabetes, by helping to heal the pancreas.
- Immune system. Rapidly alter the activation of immune cells, leading to an improvement in the body’s immune responses, and faster healing from virus.
- Brain function. Increases brain functions while improving synaptic nerve transmission, which promotes memory improvement and brain capacity.
Most people use acetyl-L-carnitine to enhance their cognition and rev up energy levels. Clinical research confirms the benefits of acetyl-l-carnitine for the brain, especially in older people.
The human body makes enough acetyl-L-carnitine under normal conditions. Older people and kidney disease patients often lack L-carnitine and might as such require supplementation.